Let's first go back to the before. This was the kitchen before we moved in.
You will notice the following:
- there is no hardware on the cabinets except for the lovely blue & white china knobs on the cabinets facing north (see lower left hand corner)
- there is no faucet
- there are no appliances
- the ceiling fan does not have a light kit
- the back splash area is a citrus green color - its hard to tell in this photo, but over the stove there are also teapot wallpaper cut outs. They are featured in random places throughout the kitchen and powder bath
- there is a towel rod over the sink
- a crap ton of wall anchors
that doorway on the right leads to the Laundry Room. Which is where I happened to be standing when I took the after photo.
- the orange framed cork board was reused from our last house
- those metallic silver triangles on the wall were a DIY project created with a silver sharpie pen
- the rug was a Walmart purchase for $25.00. I really wanted a nice rug in here, but lets face it - that thing is going to get destroyed. I live in the kitchen, and therefore so do my kids.
- all of the appliances totaled $150 and were purchased second-hand. Down the line we would love to have new appliances, but they just aren't in the cards for us right now.
- I shopped long and hard for that faucet and I am in absolute love with it - we also got a great deal
- all of the hardware came from a friend that works at a furniture manufacturer
- we still do not have a hood over our range. I think the plan is to install an over range microwave, and replace the upper cabinet with a couple of shelves
- all of the holes were patched, teapots removed, and walls painted in PPG atrium white
- you can't see the light fixture in this photo, but it was a $25 bargain from Lowes
You get a glimpse of the Dining Room in this photo, but lets take you back to the before.
You will notice the following:
- there is a border - and for some reason a brown dry brush treatment over the border
- the walls are a coffee color
- there is no light fixture
- you can see where the dining room and kitchen paint colors meet that they placed some of those lovely teapots
And the after.
yes, my chairs are laminated. yes, i am proud of it, and yes, I cropped this photo because i couldn't get the minnie mouse sticker off the seat.
- the table has been with us for many years
- the chairs are antiques and are due for a fresh coat of paint - I am on a 6 month plan with reupholstering those puppies i swear! we sure use them a lot!
- the chandelier was from three houses ago and was purchased from Lowe's for $168
- the sweet and salty prints were a DIY project and are in $10 poster frames from target
- the white curtains are from ikea $11
- the wall with the window is mint - this is also the same wall with the front door - you cant see it, but it is too the left of the mirror. The inside of the front door is white, but the outside features a darker but coordinating mint color.
- the gold curtain rod was from our last house and I can't remember the purchase details.
- the ornate mirror was purchased from Z&R Design when I worked there. It has been in several houses. I am ready to paint it, but scared to take on the duty - this thing is ORNATE!
- you get a better shot of the sharpie wall in the Dining Room photos. I absolutely love that wall. It is subtle but yet impactful - super fun!