Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The season of giving.

We had a pitch-in breakfast this morning at work, it was so nice to stop and take a breath during the hectic work day and at this hectic time of year and talk with the people you surround yourself with day in and day out.  We were discussing what Christmas is all about.  It is definitely a time of giving, but that does not mean it has to be "stuff".  One person mentioned that their family gets together for food and games, and then donates money to a charity rather than buying eachother "stuff".  Coming from divorced parents, I have multiple Christmas parties to attend which means multiple Christmas gifts.  This year I had 20 people on my Christmas list....CHA-CHING, do not get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas, but I also wish it was not so much about giving and receiving, and rather about spending time with loved ones!
What do your families do to help cut costs?

It is Wren's first Christmas this year, so for those far away that we do not see often, this was the card we sent:)
The card was inside a recycled grocery bag envelope.  I lined the envelopes with black and white flocked damask paper.  They turned out beautifully!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment