Friday, January 16, 2015

Guest Suite

In our new house I was so excited that it has a Guest Suite, and I have to say the owners of the house did a great job laying out the floor plan. You see, our house has an addition off the back of it. The addition includes the Family Room, a Guest Bedroom and a Guest Bathroom. We love this part of the house and spend a lot of time there.
Here is what it looks like on plan.
Fireplace - we love that it has a corner fireplace, but honestly it surprises me that they included it. You enter the Family Room off of the Living Room which also has a fireplace so I am surprised they put one in here as well, but we are very happy that they did.
Patio - The double doors off of the family room go to our patio which is covered and was also part of the addition. We spend so much time out here in the summer and it is a perfect place to grill, relax, and the girls to ride their bikes.
Storage Space - They were able to include a closet in the bedroom and a linen closet. I have never had a linen closet before and I absolutely love having it, especially to stock up on guest essentials!
Layout - Have I mentioned I love the layout?!?! All the rooms are the perfect size, not too big and not too small. They also included a huge window in the back of the Family Room and Cathedral ceilings. I could obviously go on and on. 

Well, now that the Family Room is done, I am ready to tackle the Guest Suite.
Here is what it looks like now.

I still really like the bedding in this room and I am not planning on changing it.

I just bought the lamp and nightstand accessories, so those are staying as well.

so here is how the To Do list for this room looks.

Guest Bedroom
Project List:

  • Upholstered Headboard
  • Paint Ceiling White
  • Paint Walls - PPG Atrium White (focal wall behind bed?)
  • Wall Decor
  • Doors or a curtain on closet?
  • Change out ceiling fan?

I am envisioning the headboard to be upholstered in a black and white fabric, something like this.

or this...

I think if I did a focal wall it would look like this.

or I have toyed with the idea of pineapples:)

and as for a light fixture I would definitely go white and I have been dying to use this one, but honestly it may not make it into the budget.

I wont even get into the guest bathroom on this post because thats a whole nother post for a whole nother day:)
but i do have a sneak peek!
YAY!
this happened....the ceiling was all sorts of shades of yellow and blue before so the white is SUPER refreshing.









No comments:

Post a Comment