Thursday, January 31, 2013

pregnancy update//week 32

Dear Baby-
Mommy was 32 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and I cannot believe how fast time is flying.  I felt little pokes here and there yesterday instead of the parties you usually throw in my tummy.  I rubbed the tiny little bumps wondering if that was your hand, foot or elbow.  It was a pretty precious moment and I felt a large grin and tears well up on my face, thank you for that.  It was exactly what I needed at that moment on that day.  This pregnancy has been much different than when I was pregnant with your sister.  Very similar on my body but completely different to my spirit and mind.  With Wren there was so much unknown, not that I am a pro now by any means, but I am lacking the fear and anxiety of the unknown that I had with her.  My pregnancy with Wren consumed my mind.  With you, I am still me, just a pregnant version.  With this pregnancy I think about totally different things, of course seeing you, meeting you, being your mommy and watching your daddy with you are still vivid thoughts, but this time i am excited to see my daughter as a sister and my only fear is that she is not going to understand why you are taking away her attention.  I cannot begin to tell you how happy i am that we are adding to our family and i know in the coming weeks my emotions are going to be crazy on a positive note, in fact it has already begun.  Those tiny fingers, that baby soft skin, your smell, your first smile, breastfeeding,etc.  All of the things I didn't know to be excited about with Wren.  I remember nearly every night sitting on the couch with my hand and Daddy's hand on my tummy waiting for your sisters next kick.  Now we spend our nights chasing Wren or Wren chasing us, and scrambling to prepare for the next day.  It is definitely different but I have a feeling you are going to like things around here and you will have the most amazing big sister and parents that love you unconditionally.  I cannot wait to meet you and know if our home will be filled with love for Wren and Willow or Wren and Rio. 
Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment