Sunday, April 24, 2011

Right on Time.

Friday, March 25th, the due date of my baby, my water broke!  (Only 5% of women actually go into labor on their actual due date, funny that I would fall into that 5%). 
I could use this as the excuse of why my blog has been lacking, and yet it is partially to blame, but mostly I just need to get my butt in gear.  Being on maternity leave has been my excuse to be completely lazy and absorbed in my baby. 
So back to March 25th, my water broke, but I was not in labor.  I called the hospital and they told me to come in anyway.  I called the hubby to come home from work and off we went!  When I arrived at the hospital they determined, that in fact my water had broke, and they sent in the doctor.  He recomended starting pitocin because we had a small window of time between when my water had broke and when infection would set in if the baby did not come out.  Wanting to do an all natural birth, I declined.  I walked the halls all evening, only to dilate to 3cm and then once again everything came to a halt.  Saturday, March 26th at 10am, the doctor told me I really needed to start the pitocin, having exhausted all natural options, I finally agreed.  At 6:06pm, I gave birth to an 8lb, 21inch beautiful baby girl!  Having not known the sex of the baby, I can truly say it was the most amazing three words to hear my husband say "It's a Girl"!
 Wren Camilla


No comments:

Post a Comment